VERTICAL LIP LINES – BARCODE LINES – PERIORAL LINES – LINES AND WRINKLES AROUND THE MOUTH – SMOKER LINES FILLER REJUVENATION TREATMENT – REQUEST A CALL
Ageing is a factor that leads to a decreased production of collagen and hyaluronic acid (HA) affecting the skin tone, muscles losing their tightness, subcutaneous fat getting reabsorbed and finally there is a decrease in the bony support. Environmental factors accelerate the ageing process, smoking, UV exposure, use of sunbeds, etc.
The Perioral Area especially gets affected by all the factors above mentioned: the mandible thins with age therefore there is not the same bone support, teeth start regressing and also teeth tend to be more unstable and with age, there is a higher chance of losing teeth; therefore there is a reduction of the bone support.
When the skin loses support, lines above the top lip start appearing. Those lines are called VERTICAL LIP LINES / BARCODE LINES / PERIORAL LINES / LINES AND WRINKLES AROUND THE MOUTH, SMOKER LINES (many people knows those lines as smoker lines although they are not always caused by smoking).
WHAT IS THE PROCESS OF THE PERIORAL REJUVENATION FILLER TREATMENT?
Fillers for smokers lines depending on the level of correction needed, there are two ways of treating Vertical lip lines / Barcode lines / Perioral lines / Lines and wrinkles around the mouth / Smoker lines:
- Needle Technique: Used mainly for cases where lines are superficial and the level of correction is low to medium. The filler is injected using fine needle injections and placing small amounts of filler into each line around the lip.
- Cannula Technique: used in cases where a great amount of correction is needed.
This treatment usually takes around 30 minutes. We apply medical grade numbing cream around the lips to make this treatment more comfortable.
Most patients only need one syringe, but two or more may be required if the patient has deep perioral lines. Sometimes, fillers in the vermilion border of the lip (LIP FILLER) itself is needed to fully correct this problem.
Vertical Lip Line Fillers – Before and After
PRECAUCIONES AND POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS:
The most common side effects of dermal fillers for VERTICAL LIP LINES / BARCODE LINES / PERIORAL LINES / LINES AND WRINKLES AROUND THE MOUTH / SMOKER LINES filler rejuveantion treatment include:
- Mild Irritation
- Bruising: we can use Needle or cannulas. The main advantages of using cannulas are the decreased risk of bruising and increased level of comfort, although needles are more precise. This is discussed with each of our patients to decide which technique is best.
- Tenderness at injection site
WHAT RESULTS SHOULD I EXPECT FROM MY VERTICAL LIP LINES / BARCODE LINES / PERIORAL LINES / LINES AND WRINKLES AROUND THE MOUTH, SMOKER LINES REJUVEANTION TREATMENT?
- Softening of the furrowed lines is noticeable immediately after the treatment
- Improvement continues until approximately 2 -3 weeks post treatment. If further correction is required, a second treatment may be necessary, according to the degree of correction required and the expectations of the individual.
- Treatment results will vary with the individual. Effects last an average of 12 months.